Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Looking for smoother, brisker feeling pores and skin? This Himalayan salt scrub DIY is straightforward, easy, and nice for exfoliating away useless pores and skin cells. Body scrubs like this are simply one of many homemade beauty products which might be a staple in my house!
Why Make a DIY Salt Scrub?
Just the act of rubbing the pores and skin helps stimulate fluid move, scale back cellulite, and enhance your pores and skin’s general tone and well being. Dry brushing is a good way to do that, however a Himalayan salt scrub DIY additionally stimulates the pores and skin and offers much more advantages. Adding important oils ups the advantages even additional and provides a hearty dose of mood-boosting aromatherapy.
This recipe is nice for a physique scrub, however salt may be too harsh for delicate pores and skin on the face. If you’re searching for a great face scrub, do that anti-inflammatory cumin sugar scrub recipe.
The Best Salt for a Homemade Salt Scrub
Salt (like sugar) helps exfoliate useless pores and skin and enhance circulation, however in contrast to sugar scrubs, it may include wholesome minerals. Regular iodized desk salt is stripped of important vitamins, so it’s not my first alternative. Here are some various kinds of wholesome salt to make use of for a salt scrub recipe.
- Epsom salt is mainly magnesium, and I adore it in my homemade foot scrub.
- Dead sea salt is absolutely excessive in minerals, particularly magnesium. A 2005 examine discovered main pores and skin advantages from soaking in it!
- Pink salt, also referred to as Himalayan salt, has dozens of hint minerals in it.
- Real Salt could be very comparable in mineral content material to Himalayan salt. Instead of being mined in Pakistan, although, it comes from Utah.
- Celtic sea salt has hint minerals and can also be a wholesome alternative for a sea salt scrub.
While all of those are good decisions, clearly I’ve opted for Himalayan salt for this explicit recipe. You might substitute one of many different wholesome salts in case you desire, although. Just make certain it’s finely floor.
Pink Himalayan Salt Benefits
Himalayan salt is my favorite natural salt to keep around as a result of it’s so wealthy in minerals and hint parts, like calcium, magnesium, and iron. When consumed, it may assist stability electrolyte and pH ranges, strengthen bones, and assist circulation, to call a couple of issues. This salt scrub DIY nourishes pores and skin with all the minerals and hint parts of the salt.
Choosing a Carrier Oil
Most scrubs embody a provider oil of some sort to assist the scrub glide over the pores and skin. This recipe makes use of coconut oil for its wonderful pores and skin advantages and a few lighter candy almond oil to tone it down whereas nonetheless moisturizing. I’ve additionally included a small quantity of castile cleaning soap to assist cleanse the pores and skin as you moisturize for a really all-in-one scrub.
If you don’t have almond oil available, different choices embody olive oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, or fractionated coconut oil. Just make certain the oil you select to exchange the candy almond oil with is liquid at room temperature.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Benefits
Grapefruit important oil helps stimulate the lymphatic system and get rid of extra water weight. It additionally helps enhance circulation and diminish the looks of cellulite. One 2005 examine discovered that simply smelling grapefruit can enhance metabolism and velocity weight reduction. It’s additionally excessive in limonene, which helps defend cells from free radical injury. It smells wonderful on this DIY granite spray, too!
Some aromatherapists, together with important oil skilled Tisserand, contemplate grapefruit to be phototoxic if used above 4%. This means it may trigger solar sensitivity if left on. There shouldn’t be a priority right here although, because the grapefruit is washed off and is at .5%.
Although extra generally used for digestion and to help in clear respiration, peppermint oil with its menthol content material additionally makes an invigorating salt scrub. Peppermint helps wake you up and will increase power. It may assist stability oil manufacturing for clearer pores and skin. I like utilizing it to help soothe headaches.
Since it’s a powerful important oil, make certain it’s correctly diluted, and don’t apply it to very younger kids. In this physique scrub recipe, we’re solely utilizing a tiny fraction of a p.c only for the scent.
Himalayan Salt Scrub DIY
This straightforward salt scrub DIY leaves pores and skin feeling easy and contemporary.
Yield: 12 ounces
In a small glass bowl, add the coconut oil, important oils, and candy almond oil. Mash all of it along with a fork or silicone spatula.
Add within the castile cleaning soap and Himalayan salt.
Store your Himalayan salt scrub DIY in a glass jar.
Shelf Life: Will final for about 6 months if saved correctly.
Tips for Using
- Since this product is made with oil, watch out when utilizing it within the bathe as it may make the ground slippery.
- Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature and apply with dry fingers. This doesn’t want a preservative as a result of it doesn’t include water. Be cautious to not introduce water to the do-it-yourself physique scrub within the bathe.
- You may add some vitamin E to provide the scrub an antioxidant enhance and assist forestall the oils from oxidizing if most well-liked.
Ever used a salt scrub? What are your favourite scents to make use of? Leave us a remark, and remember to share this put up with a buddy!
- Group, E. (2017). The Benefits of Himalayan Salt. Global Healing.
- Proksch, E., Nissen, H. P., Bremgartner, M., & Urquhart, C. (2005). Bathing in a magnesium-rich Dead Sea salt solution improves skin barrier function, enhances skin hydration, and reduces inflammation in atopic dry skin. International journal of dermatology, 44(2), 151–157.
- Redmond. (N.D.). What’s the difference between Real Salt and Himalayan salt?
- Shen, J., Niijima, A., Tanida, M., Horii, Y., Maeda, Okay., & Nagai, Okay. (2005). Olfactory stimulation with scent of grapefruit oil affects autonomic nerves, lipolysis and appetite in rats. Neuroscience letters, 380(3), 289–294.
- Tisserand, R. Young, R. (2013). Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals. (2nd ed.). Churchill Livingstone.