Learning how to put on makeup like a pro can’t be any easier than now with the proliferation of how to’s and tutorials online. Indeed being beautiful has become not just an obsession among smart women but has become an integral part of looking polished and professional especially for working women.
From day or more nude, no makeup look to evening or heavier make up, there’s a wide array of make up to choose from: from locally made to high end and imported make up, it could be a daunting task to choose with a wide selection present in our market today.
Women of today has indeed come a long way to make sure that it’s almost a sin not to be beautiful. Make up boosts a woman’s self-confidence. They are made ready to face clients with ease knowing that looking good adds to the overall personality of any woman.
Looking good and feeling good with having the appropriate make up and wardrobe make the woman ready to conquer anything, even the world.
There are so many different types of makeup. Each of these has its own unique purpose and are designated to a specific part of our face. Makeup can be used in so many ways and can depend on what we want to accentuate on our face.
Some women would use a really dark lip color in order to make their lips stand out. While most people would highly focus on their eyes. A great way to make the eyes pop is with a use of an eyeliner. An eyeliner is a great makeup tool that can help make your eyes bigger.
Eyeliners come in different forms such as powder, cream, gel, and the most common one which is the pencil. When using a pencil eyeliner, it is important that you always have it sharpened so that you’ll be able to make defined lines easily.
When sharpening your eyeliner, you can’t simply use any other pencil sharpener because there is a tendency that the tip of your eyeliner will break since they are quite fragile. It is recommended that you use one that is made specifically for eyeliners.
However, there are still pencil sharpeners out there that is suitable for eyeliners as well. In order to help you choose one, here are some of the best sharpeners you can use for your eyeliner.
Prismacolor Scholar Pencil Sharpener
Made by a brand that has been around since 1938 and specializes on professional supplies for artists. Their products are mostly watercolors, pastels, charcoals, permanent art markers, and color pencils. Their color pencils are known to be extremely soft which is why they made their sharpeners extra special.
This sharpener is not only perfect for colored pencils, they can be used on eyeliners as well. Below is a list of Prismacolor Scholar Pencil Sharpener’s features:
- It has a green translucent body
- Weighs 0.8 ounces and measures 2 x 2 x 1.25 inches
- The body is made out of plastic while the blades are made out of steel
- Manual sharpener
- Made specifically for their line of colored pencils
To know more about the product, here are some of its positive aspects:
- It has a compartment that catches the pencil shavings so it does not make any mess
- Its translucent body will help you see whether it is full or not
- Its tiny size will make it easy for you to fit inside your makeup bag
- Easy to use and takes little effort for you to reach the perfect point
- The design is eye-catching
As much as every brand strives to produce a perfect product, there will always be some downsides. Here are some of its not-so-good aspects:
- The tips of the pencil has a tendency of breaking when sharpening
- There are cheaper sharpeners that works better
- It can leave the wood on the pencil rough
Electric Pencil Sharpener – Battery Operated (No Cord)
This product is made by the company TripWorthy. They have a wide variety of products that mostly focuses on the outdoors.
While sharpeners are commonly in a form of a manual one, this battery operated gem will surely capture your eye. Here are some of its features:
- Electric sharpener that does not make use of cords
- Its dimensions are 3 x 5 x 2 in
- Requires 4 AA batteries
- Fully enclosed blades
This electric sharpener from TripWorthy has a lot of great and positive qualities. Here is a short list of them:
- No-mess sharpening
- It is portable and can easily fit in any bag
- Can sharpen pencils fast
- Can fit any size of pencil so it is suitable for eyeliners as well
- It can extend the life of your pencil
- Simple to use
- Perfect for those who love to travel
With every great products comes with its flaws. Here are some of its cons that you may want to consider before buying:
- The battery compartment is pretty difficult to open
- The instructions provided are not that clear
- It has a tendency of not sharpening equally
Staedtler Manual Pencil Sharpener (STD51163)
Made by another famous brand in the arts and crafts category. They are widely known for their wide collection of pencils, coloring materials, and technical drawing instruments.
Nothing beats a classic manual sharpener. Here are a few more of its features you may want to know before purchasing:
- Measures 1.5 x 1.5 x 2 inches and weighs 0.3 ounces
- You can dispose of the pencil shavings by unscrewing the cap
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Made of plastic
- Made from Germany
This sharpener by Straedler comes with great perks. To know what they are, below is a short list:
- The points will always come out perfect
- Is suitable for any type of pencils especially eyeliners
- Will not make a mess since the pencil shavings are secured inside
- It is very small so it can easily fit in your makeup kit
As awesome as this product is, it still has a few not-so-great qualities. Here are some of them:
- There are cheaper brands that works just as well as this one
- The body is not translucent so you won’t easily know if it is full or not
- There is a tendency that the tip of the pencil will break and get stuck in the blades
- The blade gets dull after a while
Looking sharp, feeling smart and confident for busy on-the-go women who are working and making a difference in the world where men rule supreme and even for women of leisure, can be easily achieved with having the right makeup.
Women have become wiser, sharper when it comes to fashion. They know pretty well how looking good can boost their confidence and spiral their way up the ladder of success.
When putting makeup on, women would mostly want to accentuate their eyes. A great way to do so is to define them with an eyeliner. In order for you to be able use your eyeliner easily and effectively, make sure to sharpen them regularly.