Whether you have curly, kinky or straight hair, at some point in time, you may desire exceptionally straight hair. Certainly, there have been many products around that can straighten hair effectively.
However, using ceramic hair straighteners is now one of the most trusted methods. Despite this, there are a few ceramic straighteners out there that do not work very well or are not very durable.
5 Best Ceramic Hair Straightener Reviews
So, which one should you choose? You’ll find out in this article. We will tell you which brands are best and how to choose your ceramic straightener. We will also take a look at some of the best ceramic hair straightener on the market today. Keep reading to find your next ceramic hair straightener.
HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener
The HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron is a great product for people with coarse hair. It can be heated to very high temperatures and is small enough to be used on short hair. You can control the temperature of the straightener, which means that it can also be a great way to straighten finer hair textures.
- Floating plates
- Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline
- 8 heat balance sensors
- Size: 1.25 inches
- LCD temperature control
- Flash quick heating
- Max temperature: 450°F
- 360° swivel cord
- Automatic shut off
- Sleep mode
- It will shut off automatically if it is not being used.
- It heats up quickly and can be heated to very high temperatures.
- You can control the temperature of the flat iron.
- It has a lot of heat balance sensors so it will heat up very evenly.
- The heating plate is a bit small so you will have to straighten your hair in very small sections, which can take a very long time.
- It is a bit expensive.
Whether you have coarse or fine hair, this hair straightener should be a great addition to your hair accessories. Since it is professional grade, it may even be a great tool for hairdressers and professional hair stylists, too.
BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Straightening Iron
BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Straightening Ironmakes some of the best hair straighteners on the market today and this porcelain ceramic straightening iron is one of the best ones that you can get your hands on. It is a great size for all hair lengths and you can control the temperature based on your preference.
- Adjustable temperature control
- Size: 1.5 inches
- Porcelain ceramic heating plate
- 360° swivel cord
- Length: 14 inches
- The temperature can be adjusted up to 450°F.
- Since it is so long, you may be able to fit a wider section of your hair through the straightener.
- There is a power light so you can tell if the straightener is turned on.
- It doesn’t shut off automatically if it is not in use.
Overall, this hair straightener seems like a very good buy. You can control its temperature and it has a very good surface for straightening your hair.
Remington S7901 Wet 2 Straight Slim Plate Wet/Dry Ceramic Hair Straightening Iron
The Remington S7901 is a fantastic flat iron to use on wet hair. It even works great when straightening dry hair. One of the other best things about it is that it is fairly reasonable to purchase. With a great temperature control feature and a fantastic heating plate, your hair can get as straight as you’d like with this flat iron.
- Straightens wet or dry hair
- Steam vents to release moisture when wet hair is straightened
- 30 digital heat settings
- Temperature range: 300 -400°F
- 1-inch heating plate
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- Auto shut off after 60 minutes
- It will shut off automatically if it has not been used for an extended period of time.
- It heats up quickly and has a lot of temperature settings.
- You can use it on wet or dry hair.
- It may not be very suitable for extremely coarse hair.
At this amazing price, it is great that you can get a hair straightener as versatile as this Remington S7901. Whether you want to skip the blow-drying process or your hair is already dry, you can use it to get very straight hair in a short time.
BESTOPE Flat Iron Hair Straightener Ceramic Heating Digital Ionic Straightening Brush
This BESTOPE Flat Iron is filled with many desirable features. One of the most appealing features of this flat iron is the memory setting that it has. You can easily recover the last temperature setting you used by pressing one button. It also has anion moisturizing abilities, which help to prevent your hair from being heat-damaged.
- 10 temperature settings (max temp: 450°F)
- 3D floating 1-inch ceramic heating plate
- Temperature recovery button
- Heats up in 60 seconds
- LED screen
- 360° swivel cord
- Auto shut off after 60 minutes
- Anion moisturizing
- You can recover the last temperature setting you used with just one button.
- It has a safety feature that automatically shuts it off after 60 minutes.
- It has a lot of temperature settings.
- It is very small so you can easily straighten the roots of your hair.
- The heating plate is not very big so it may take a longer time to straighten your hair since you have to straighten very small sections at once.
At such an amazingly low price, it is incredible that they were able to pack so many features into this ceramic hair straightener. If you are looking for an inexpensive straightener, make sure you consider this one.
VAV Professional Hair Straightener 1-inch 3D Floating Plate Ceramic Flat Iron
Although it only has a 1-inch plate, this is a very remarkable straightening iron. It even comes in a very adorable rose gold color. With a very wide temperature range and impressive additional features, VAV Professional Hair Straightener is definitely one of the best flat irons out there today.
- 1-inch 3D ceramic heating plate
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- Temperature range: 285 – 450°F
- LED digital display
- 360° swivel cord (2.65m long)
- Shuts off automatically after 60 minutes
- Memory function
- It has a very wide temperature range so it can be used for all hair types.
- It heats up very quickly.
- Since it is so small, you can straighten your hair roots easily.
- For safety, it will shut off when not in use.
- The handle may get a bit hot while using.
This is a very inexpensive flat iron, yet it has some amazing features that you would only expect to see in higher-end products. It is certainly worth buying.
Hair Straightening Brands
If you are not very familiar with hair straighteners, you may not be aware that they come in different sizes and brands, plus they come with a variety of features. When shopping around for your hair straightener, make sure that you pay close attention to the brands that you think about purchasing. Some of the best brands include:
- HSI Professional
- Cloud Nine
Hair Straightening Buying Guide
Now that you know some of the best brands, here are a few things that you should pay attention to as you go on your quest to find the perfect flat iron.
The texture of your hair
If you have very coarse hair, it may require a lot of heat to be straightened. Of course, this means that you need to purchase a flat iron that can go up to very high temperatures. Some straighteners will even tell you what hair textures it works best on.
The size of the flat iron
All flat irons are not the same size. Some are much bigger than others. The smaller the straightener, the better it is for shorter hair and the easier it will be to straighten your hair roots.
The features that it has
Pay close attention to the features that your hair straightener will come with. If you are not satisfied with those features, keep searching. Bear in mind, though, that the more features your hair straightener has, the more expensive it may get.
Hair Straightener Temperature
Many hair straighteners are able to go up to 450°F. Pay attention to the temperature range of your hair straightener. It will have a big impact on how straight your hair can get when you use it. Remember, coarser hair needs high temperatures to get straightened.
Types of Hair Straightening
There are two general types of hair straightening: Temporary and Permanent.
Temporary hair straightening can be done with the use of heat or without heat. Straightening your hair without the use of heat can get pretty difficult and complicated, especially if you’re a newbie. This is why many resort to using heat, which is a much quicker process.
To straighten your hair with heat, you can use several devices: a blow dryer, a straightening comb or a flat iron. To straighten your hair without heat, you can either comb it against the direction of the breeze from a fan, or you can wrap your hair with the use of bobby pins when it is wet and then allow it to dry.
Permanent hair straightening involves the use of chemicals. Once these chemicals are in your hair, it should remain straight. There are many different chemicals on the market that can help with hair straightening. The type you select will depend on your hair type and your budget, as some methods tend to be more expensive than others.
Ceramic Hair Straightener FAQs
What is Ceramic Hair Straightener?
Also known as ceramic flat irons, these devices are used to heat hair evenly in order to straighten it. As the name suggests, they are made from ceramic materials so they provide a very smooth surface so your hair will not encounter friction as you pass it through the straightener.
How to Use Hair Straighteners
There are a few steps to follow when using a hair straightener:
- Make sure your hair is clean.
- Apply a heat protectant to your hair to prevent heat damage.
- Pass your hair through the straightener in small sections so it can be evenly straightened.
- Add any other products you desire afterward.
Is Ceramic Hair Straightener Better?
Ceramic hair straighteners are a much better choice than many other types. Not only will the straightener heat up really quickly, but it is also better for your hair. The ceramic provides a very smooth surface so your hair will not get hitched as you use it on your hair. Plus, they tend to a straighten hair better as they retain a lot of heat and distribute it very evenly to your hair.
When to Use Hair Straightener?
It is not a good thing to use heat in your hair daily, especially if you do not take all the necessary precautions before doing so. However, once you are taking adequate care of your hair, you can use a hair straightener at just about any time. Just ensure that you moisturize your hair properly before and after straightening to minimize or prevent damage to your hair strands.
What Hair Straightener Should I Buy?
If you want to make sure that the hair straightener you purchase will work effectively and last you for a few years, you should get a ceramic hair straightener that has temperature adjustment abilities. These will straighten your hair evenly and they tend to cause minimal damage (if any) as you straighten your hair.
When it comes to hair straighteners, there is not always a one size fits all. However, there are some straighteners that are versatile enough to work on a wide variety of hair types and lengths. This article reviews some of the most impressive and effective hair straighteners on the market today.
It is very difficult to say which of these products is the best overall, but if I had to choose just one product, it would be the HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron. It is well made, has a wide temperature range that can be adjusted easily, and seems to be less harsh on the hair.