BB cream has become the number one must-have product in the beauty industry today. This product is a versatile skin care and makeup product in one.
It promises to fulfill the roles of six beauty products, namely: primer, moisturizer, skin treatment, sunscreen, concealer, and foundation. It comes in various shades designed for different skin tones. If you are trying to find the best BB cream for African American skin, read on.
Specially designed to be the only product you will need after washing your face, BB creams have become an instant sensation throughout the globe.
Since its boom in the spring of 2011, stores have been packed with a wide selection of BB creams—from drugstore brands to high-end lines. However, the quest for the best BB cream for African American skin is still ongoing.
Finding the best BB cream that matches your skin color can sometimes be a challenge. To help you find the perfect product that meets all of your preferences and goals, we have compiled these top three best BB creams for African American skin that are easily available in the market today. Here are our top picks:
Best BB Cream for African American Skin: Top Three Choices
L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream HD Beauty Balm
For a smooth and youthful look, we recommend you use this lightweight BB cream. It boasts an HD formula that makes the skin look flawless in photos. L.A Girl Pro BB Cream HD Beauty Balm is also intelligently made to prime and moisturize the skin while providing medium coverage.L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream HD Beauty Balm comes in comes in eight shades ranging from Light, Fair, and Neutral to Light/Medium and Medium to Medium/Deep, Deep, and Dark.
It is a fragrance-free product made from paraben-free ingredients that are formulated for sensitive skin. Vitamins B3, C, and E are also added to nourish the skin.
- Comes in eight shades from Light to Neutral to Dark
- Formulated without the use of parabens
- Fragrance-free and safe for sensitive skin
- Enhances skin tone
- Leaves the skin moisturized
- HD formula that makes the skin flawless in photos
- Easy to blend
- Enhances and evens skin tone
- Fragrance- and paraben-free
- Packed with moisturizers
- Medium coverage that results in a natural, youthful look
- Infused with nourishing vitamins
- Does not settle into creases and fine lines
- Lightweight and can be used as an everyday makeup regimen
- Provides no SPF protection
- Rubs off easily if not set with powder or spray
- Oxidizes and therefore makes skin look darker after some time
- Gets very shiny if used without any setting product
COVERGIRL Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream
This product can easily be the best BB cream on the market today because each tube comes packed with 10 skin-friendly benefits.
COVERGIRL Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream provides a natural and youthful radiance along with all-day hydration. It also boasts being packed with ingredients that improve skin elasticity. This product also has a broad spectrum SPF 21 protection.
If you have sensitive skin, COVERGIRL Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream can be your best friend. It can be used as an everyday makeup regimen as it is made from lightweight ingredients that won’t clog pores, leaving your skin feeling smooth all day.
- Improves skin elasticity
- Blends effortlessly into skin
- Lightweight and smooth to touch
- Designed not to clog the pores
- Packed with moisturizers that give skin all-day hydration
- Boasts a broad spectrum SPF 12 protection
- Sheer color that comes in three shades: Fair to Light 805, Light to Medium 810, and Medium to Dark 815
- Protects the skin from the skin with broad spectrum SPF 21 protection
- Leaves the skin hydrated and smooth all day long
- Delivers a natural and youthful radiance
- Instant enhancer that evens the skin tone
- Lightweight and easy to blend
- Does not clog pores
- Gets a little shiny when not set with powder or primer
- Does not stay long on oily skin
- Only three shades to choose from
Rimmel BB Cream 9 In 1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up SPF 25
Get an all-day coverage along with protection from the harmful rays of the sun when you use Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up. With its SPF 25 protection, you can rest assured that your skin is well taken care of. This product also evens the skin tone and minimizes the appearance of pores.
With its matte finish, you can be sure to stay shine-free all day long. Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up also soothes the skin leaving you with a smooth and silky skin. It also helps in concealing dark circles. This product comes in three colors: Very Light, Medium, and Medium/Dark.
- Formulated with SPF 25 protection
- Covers dark spots and evens skin tone
- Provides a smooth, dewy finish
- Moisturizes and hydrates the skin
- Provides a matte finish
- Primes and brightens the skin
- Protects you from harmful UV rays with SPF 25
- Conceals dark spots
- Leaves the skin hydrated and moisturized
- Can be used as an everyday makeup
- Makes the skin appear youthful and healthy
- Natural-looking color coverage
- Limited color selection
- Fades away after some time, especially if skin is oily
- Needs to be set with powder
The Best BB Cream for African American Skin: Top 2017 Pick
Based on all the features and pros & cons of each of these products, we can definitely say that the best BB cream for African American skin is the Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Make Up.
It boasts the highest SPF protection compared to the other two choices. This product is also reliable in concealing dark spots and other problem areas in our face.However, L.A. Girl Pro BB Cream HD Beauty Balm came at a very close second.
Because of its wide range of shades to choose from, we also highly recommend checking out this product. You just need to apply your own SPF protection as this beauty product does not contain any. If you are looking for a lightweight BB cream that can be used for your everyday look, COVERGIRL Smoothers Lightweight BB Cream is also worth checking out.
With this product, you are protected from the sun’s harmful rays while also keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized.
When it comes to BB cream, as with any other makeup product in the market today, it is really a matter of preference that would make or break your decision. Just be sure to conduct thorough research and make it habit to check the labels to know what you are putting on your face and how would it benefit you in the long run.